RBKD: According to the annual Nielsen Media Index Report released today, 85.5% of local viewers tuned in to free-to-air television on an average weekly basis versus 51.7% who tuned in to pay TV weekly.
The survey, which involved 4,660 people of age 15 and above, was conducted between July 2015 to June 2016
Channel 8 maintained the highest weekly reach among Mediacorp’s channels at 56.7 per cent, or 2.4 million viewers.
All Mediacorp’s free-to-air TV channels, except for Okto, registered increases in viewership with overall TV viewership growing 6% from the previous year.
The survey also revealed monthly usage of internet at 83.3%.
The 4 incoming directors are:
• Mr Niam Chiang Meng, deputy chairman of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore and board member of IRAS. He was former chairman of MDA and former Permanent Secretary of MICA.
• Mr Robin Hu, CEO of South China Morning Post Group and ex-senior executive VP with SPH overseeing its Chinese Newspapers and Newspaper Services businesses.
• Mr Rajesh Sreenivasan, partner at Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP, current head and lead partner of the Technology Media and Telecommunications (TMT) practice across the 10 member firms.
• Mr Roy Quek, executive chairman of Thomson Medical Group.
The outgoing directors are:
• Mr Rajiv Wahi
• Mr Venky Krishnakumar
• Ms Elim Chew
• Mr Chan Yeng Kit (Recently appointed chairman of Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA))
The remaining directors are:
• Ernest Wong, Chairman
• Mr Scott Anthony, Managing Partner, Innosight
• Mr Ahmad Nizam, Director, Straits Law Practice and Advisor, Youth Court
• Ms Wong Su-Yen, CEO, Human Capital Leadership Institute; Chairman, Nera Telecommunications; Director, Yoma Strategic Holdings and Director, NTUC First Campus
• Mr Yap Chee Keong, Chairman, CityNet Infrastructure Management Pte Ltd (trustee manager of NetLink Trust); Director, Tiger Airways; Director, Citibank Singapore and Director, Straits Trading Company
• Mr Shaun Seow, CEO, Mediacorp
OUT-OF-HOME MEDIA OF THE YEAR 2016 Page 32
Through opportunities such as L’Oréal Paris Singapore’s campaign, which involved its brand ambassador Rui En interacting with members of the public onscreen, Mediacorp OOH was able to showcase its personal touch when it came to engagement.
Moving forward, OOH Media aims to continue challenging the status quo of outdoor advertising through innovations and keeping on top of technological advancements.
Source: Marketing-Interactive via JCDecaux Singapore
RBKD: In the press release by Mediacorp Advertising, it was mentioned that the video received over 233,000 views and over 8,000 likes on the Facebook page of Rui En, L’Oréal Paris brand ambassador. The impressive results were also reflected on L’Oréal Paris Singapore social media platforms, attracting over 530,000 audience on its Facebook and over 142,000 YouTube views.
Source: Mediacorp Advertising
RBKD: Channel 8’s Dream Makers 2 won bronze award for ‘Consumer or Trade Campaign-Programme’ at PromaxBDA Global Excellence Awards.
RBKD: Mediacorp’s ex-CEO (October 2000 to September 2005), Mr Ernest Wong, has been appointed as Mediacorp’s board director and its Chairman-Designate. Mr Wong will assume his position of Chairman in July 2016, succeeding current Chairman Mr Teo Ming Kian.